Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog IC Fabrication through Foundaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

arivalagan13

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I'm from India. I'm much interested in the fabrication of an analog IC. There is no low cost fab in India. How do I make my IC get fabricated. Consider,for example, a Delta-Sigma A/D converter or even an OpAmp IC for that matter... what are the steps that I have to go through to get my IC fabricated...and how much cost would it take to get through all the steps..Any relevant help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards
M Arivalagan

Most foudrys run multi project wafer (MPW) programs, about every 3 months. This allows a customer to try out a design at a lower cost. The Foundry gives the customer about 50 parts (devices) for a cost of about $20,000 USD. So it is not cheap. Also, this is just the bare silicon device - not assembled in a package. To test it, you would need very expensive probe equipment.

It is not something someone could afford to do alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back