Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Design Environment Cadence: Plot options

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinagg77

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cadence plot

I use the Cadence environment for simulating my analog circuits. Most of the time, I am able to see the simulation results at any point of time during the simulation.

Sometimes, the results are not plotted until the complete simulation is finished. I don't know what causes this!! This prevents me from checking the results during the course of simulation.

I would be thankful if someone could guide me through this problem?

With Regards
Sachin

You can try Results->Select.
If you have parametric simulation usually you have to wait until the end, because then is created psf file that enebles you to show all data.
If you write own parametric script you can create this file at the beginning of simulation and than you can see results...

I am not doing Parametric Simulations. It's a transient analysis (single run).

I tried Results->Select ....I could't make out what to do next??

Pls guide

Regards
Sachin

maybe you can use Results Browser to plot simulation results. it's Tools->Results Browser... in ADE window

goodluck

If models of primitive devices - subcircuits in a plot window of ADE you will not see values of currents on terminals of subcircuit are used. Use the Results Browser or WaveScan enter inside subcircuit.

Thanks for all the responses.

I am using Spectre as simulator. I think I have found the cause of the problem.

I am using the STROBEPERIOD option during the transient analysis. Whenever this option is used, the results can be plotted only after the simulation is complete. Without this option, I was able to print the results even before the sim gets over.

Regards
Sachin

Status
Not open for further replies.