Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Ciruit Designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pardeep-singh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know how can i improve/ or get good command over Analog designing. I am fresher and and i am really interested iin it

For basic knowledge on electronics you must learn kirchhoff law and etc... then try to learn about semiconductors , diode , transistor , ...
So then learn about amplification and other discussion.
For source i read this book :
Microelectronic circuits , Volume 1 "Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth Carless Smith"
Microelectronic circuits - Google Books
I think that is useful

it's not quite true. Much more productive start by copying other people's designs. And in the process to develop the Kirchhoff and others

it's not quite true. Much more productive start by copying other people's designs. And in the process to develop the Kirchhoff and others

I have severe doubts that this is a good and fruitful recommendation.

Microelectronic circuits , Volume 1 "Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth Carless Smith"
it is good idea
but i recommend you
for practical aspect
if you design all simple circuit by yourself
(for example
all circuit represent in that book)
you can progress Better

I have severe doubts that this is a good and fruitful recommendation.
you can refute them? I have a higher radio engineering education. Of the my group of 30 students, only two are working in their specialty. Both started with amateur radio, although the theoretical basis all studied. Theory can be learned only in practice!

you can refute them? I have a higher radio engineering education. Of the my group of 30 students, only two are working in their specialty. Both started with amateur radio, although the theoretical basis all studied. Theory can be learned only in practice!

Hi treqer,

I think, it would be better to say: Theory is confirmed in practice (not "learned").
As you have stated: "....although the theoretical basis all studied "

But this approach, I think, is something different than to say:... copying other peoples design

Hi all
this is interested discussion because dear treqer advice test and survey circuit that made by other, but do you believe that all of circuit in the net design correct.
I think first we must learn basic electronics knowledge and try to test standard sample "as dear maia31 said" then we can survey other circuit.

my thought, that copy the design on the table then it will work much more interesting than reading about how it works in theory )))))). Sometimes it is possible to copy more than you can understand, especially in the beginning.
Briefly - we should distinguish the process of learning from the process of obtaining pleasure from what you know. And even more on financial gain, from what you know. We need to understand what you want. Unfortunately speak English poorly, and some things are translated from the Russian does not work..

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

circuit in the net design correct.

with basic knowledge can only be solved basic problems. There are many schemes, which are difficult to understand even for professionals.

Well, dear treqer , in you mind (i think) education and learning are different case , is it true?
also i think learning is a part of education.
i am sorry for my english

I believe sometimes when you work directly with analog circuits some of the theory gets cleared. I have experienced it myself.

Yes! but if you do not work for long. then the theory is forgotten, and the hands will remember for a long time!

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. Treqer, are you really suggesting people should work in electronics without fully understanding what they're doing?
Theory is never forgotten. Neither is practice. Theory and practice go hand-to-hand in engineering, you cannot have one without the other.

Developing circuits without fully understanding the theory is an enourmous mistake, I've tryed it several times when I was a fresher and the results were always terrible. Only when I started to master the theory did I started to master the practice. Master theory without practice is almost equally bad, since theory generally does not approach real life problems.

Anyone who reads what treqer said, please disregard it. His method may have worked for him but it will not work for most people.
hands will remember for a long time!

This sentence is unbelievable. Did you ever work on analog design? How do you expect to design an analog circuit without math? Even experts use mathematics daily to design their circuits. If you don't, then your basically designing stuff by trial and error, which surely increases development time.

Fcfusion,

100% agreed. I could not express my doubts better.
Trequer: Much more productive start by copying other people's designs

It seems, he is a rather a "hobbyist" rather than an engineer.

when to call anyone who wants finished codes i2c. they do not want to learn a simple bus. they are hobbyists =? This can be in any matter. Also in analog technology and do not necessarily know how to operate all of the pieces. You do not go into the internal circuitry of the operational amplifier, although the institute teach this.

I'm sorry but I did not understood what you meant. Your sentence is confusing.

Anyway, hobbyist or not the principle is always the same: you need as much theoretical experience as practical one. Of course "hobbysts" lack the time and patience to study the stuff they want, I understand that perfectly, I used to be an "hobbyst" myself. Studying theory isn't a waste of time. In fact, it can severly reduce development times because you avoid the "trial and error" method, dodging problems right from the beggining and figure out how to solve problems quickly, because you understand how the circuit really works and what might cause it to fail. And once you've learned the theory and applied it, you'll hardly forget it.

Also in analog technology and do not necessarily know how to operate all of the pieces. You do not go into the internal circuitry of the operational amplifier, although the institute teach this.

True, but not always. You don't need to know how the opamp works internally, but you should know the math behind inverting and non-inverting amplifier, adder and subtractor circuits, filters, etc. Without that you cannot create your own circuits, you can only copy.
Electronics isn't a "monkey see, monkey do" business, neither for engineers nor "hobbyists". It's about creating our own circuits, according to our needs. And learning the theory is the first step to be able to do that.

now closer to the body ))))). Only takes to create the schema on OPAMP (such as a filter) are not necessary to know the theory, necessary the computer design system. If the filter is drawn in a foreign scheme and the installation works once, then it is a good repeatable design, and should take note.

Designed from the ground up on the theory of filter circuit in 50 percent of cases at once will not work. If you seek maximum parameters, the 99 percent. Understanding will not come immediately.
And forget about, I have 5 years working only with the FPGA and to be honest about Kirchoff's law, I have a vague idea. But in the eyes, have some idea of the analog circuits

before 7 years of working with analog circuits and DSP. my education - a developer of radio receiving and transmitting devices

so I have a reasonable idea that you can forget. experience hobbyists my 25 years. Engineer experience - 12 years.

There is a Russian proverb. You can not grasp the immensity. It is impossible to grasp the inconceivable. You can not shove a stick that is impossible. Last translated into English with great loss of meaning.

Last edited:

Once again I find your English very difficult to understand.

I agree with you that most of the work developed by engineers or hobbysts is aided by software and some tasks would be impossible without them. But the fact is you should always know as much as possible about the stuff you're doing. Some things do not require a deep knowledge of what you're doing thanks to these tools but that doesn't mean we should stop seeking that knowledge just because you don't need it.

We're talking about Electronics here, a science, and that means knowing "stuff".

Understanding will not come immediately.
And forget about, I have 5 years working only with the FPGA and to be honest about Kirchoff's law, I have a vague idea

If you don't remember Krichoff's Law then I seriously sugest you take a look at it again. That's basic knowledge. It's natural people forget stuff if they don't use it for a long time. It happens to me as well. That's why once in a while I take a quick look at the books again. Even for stuff I don't need at work.

There is a Russian proverb. You can not grasp the immensity.

True, but that doesn't mean we can't try. We won't grasp everything, but if I try at least we'll grasp a LOT. Better than nothing. Better than working blinded without knowing exactly what I'm doing.

I know English only at level of reading of the documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back