Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ampifier capacitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost bandit63

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a amplifier with a bad capactior. it has this on it R.I 7545 16V 220UF 85C so can any capactior with 16v 220uf 85c work if not what do i need.i am very dumb when it comes to electronics.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, it's the value 220uf, maximum voltage 16V and maximum temperature 85C that matter. If you can't find an exact match (it is a common part so you should find one easily) you can use one with a higher voltage rating or a higher temperature rating or both but stick to the same value or your amplifier may malfunction.

Note that a capacitor like that will be polarized, make sure you fit the replacement the same way around as the original. They are normally marked with a stripe on the plastic wrap to show the negative side.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.