Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM pocket-sized receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy783

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I spend a lot of time outdoors and I like listening to a radio (got bored with mp3 player). The problem is that there are simply no good local FM stations in Eastern Serbia (ever heard of turbo-folk). There are few good (mostly Romanian) stations that are strong enough even during the day and that can be picked up even with cheap Chinese pocket-sized radios. The problem is that all of them have ferrite antenna for AM, which of course only works when directed at the transmitter.

Is there a way to modify a receiver so that it would be omnidirectional and still small enough to fit inside a pocket? Walking sideways really tires you quickly :)

Last edited:

Dear scruffy
Hi
I think it is possible ! use a telescope antenna ( a tiny one ) as you probably know the input section of each radio is a tuned circuit . one of the heads is connected to the ground and the other one is connected to the amplifier or mixer . so you can connect your antenna , here !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back