DLakji

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Altium Library database not updating

Hello,

I am trying to create a library database from an existing integrated library (IntLib), containing 2 SchLibs ("Resistors" and "Capacitors") and 2 PcbLibs ("SMD" and "Leaded").

Now I have created a new database library (DBLib) using the "Tools>Import from integrated lib.." option.
That allowed me to create a new database and DBLib file based on my Integrated Library, containing the before mentioned Schematic and PCB libraries.

So now I can see my components in the database and change/add components, no problem. However, when I make a change to, say, a schematic symbol, the change is NOT included in the database. Or put another way; when I add a component changes are not included.
From what I gather, the database itself should only be a list of reference between files stored on the harddrive? So changing a schematic symbol should also change the symbol I get when adding a component from my database... right?

If anybody has an idea on how I can update my database so it's always using the latest component parameters, any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
David Larsen.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…