Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium- How to know component oriantation in BOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
We are planning for to purchase a SMD pick and place machine. Most of our PCB's are component are loaded in both top and bottom sides.
We may need to solder any one side at a time and need to repeat the process once again for another side.

I would like to know the possibility to include placement side of the component (Top or bottom side of the PCB) in BOM.
Please give us your suggestion if anyone know how to do this.

Udhay

You can add any device field on the component library; this way, whenever you place a part on the PCB, you fill the field with the corresponding legend.

Thank you, but is there any option or special stings or rule to automatically do this?

With the "Report Manager" you can set a this information to be shown at the BOM, by selecting the "Include Parameters From PCB" option and then marking the 'layer' option. Have a look on this.

Hi,

I´m not experienced with Altium.

But what you look for maybe is not the BOM, but the data for the "pick and place machine".
I expect Altium is able to generate these files.

Klaus

Thank you, but I don't get it. Can you elaborate little more.
As you suggest I can add any parameter to display in the BOM, but what is the "keyword" to add the 'layer' in the parameter Value.
For example: I can sort top or bottom side components (see the picture) from 'Rule', but how to add this in BOM as a parameter?
Hi,

I´m not experienced with Altium.

But what you look for maybe is not the BOM, but the data for the "pick and place machine".
I expect Altium is able to generate these files.

Klaus
No I'm talking about BOM only. I always generate pick and place file, but now I want to know what are all components are need to load in the feeder for Top side of assembly. After compleat the PCBI need to change the feeders/components for the other side of the PCB.
So I need to know what are all the components are need to fit in the one side and what other components are need to fin in another side. It will be helpful for me if the information available in the BOM.
Hope Altium may have this option, but I don't know how to identify the component placement side.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-11 194349.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-11 194349.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 176

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back