Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium...Duplicating components designators in schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

I am “annotating schematics” in Altium, and its putting in multiple parts with the same designator , eg two “U1”’s.
How to solve.

How are you annotating? Are you using the tool or are you manually chaining the names?
If you are just dragging component from a library and they all have the same designator (U1) you need to change the default designator in the library to "U?".
Then you can use the annotation tool to automatically annotate the schematic.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, i thought it was "U*" ?

- - - Updated - - -

I am trying to use altium, but end up having to manually set the names.

Altium..two "R22"s in schematic

Somehow there are two "R22"'s in the schematic.....can i somehow click one and get it to change to an "R" number thats not already in use?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, ive just noticed there are multiple components with the same designator...do you know how to change it so all the designators are different?
I am not sure if this shoudl even be possible at all....seems like a bug?...this never happens in eagle pro

Try going to Tools>>Reset schematic designator and then to Tools>>Annotate schematics quietly.
If your default designators are corrent (example: R?, Q?) then this will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back