Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer Interactive Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knaall

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi reader!

I'm a student doing my masters thesis and I've worked with Altium Designer 14 for a couple of months. Earlier this evening I ran into a problem, for some reasons the interactive routing stopped working. When I route or drag existing tracks I can cross (short circuit) any other track. I checked my settings under "Tools - Preferences - PCB Editor - Interactive Routing" and "Ignore Obstacles" is not checked under "Routing Conflict Resolution" nor "Dragging". I attached a screenshot of my settings.

I have no clue on how to fix it and I spent a couple of hours trying to find a solution without any luck.

Does anyone know if theres a way to solve this dilemma?

altIntRout.jpg

There's a setting, I think under Rules, about allowing short circuits. Take a look at all your Rule settings.

There's a setting, I think under Rules, about allowing short circuits. Take a look at all your Rule settings.

Thanks for your reply.

Nope that was not it. When I cross a track I get an drc violation...

Under Design/Rules/Clearance, do you have Clearance enabled (checked)?

clrnc_en.jpg

Also check the size of your via drill holes, they appear far too small and generally the ratio drill hole / annular ring looks way off.

Why don't you simply import the settings from your PCB manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back