Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium Designer 13 - Nonsignal Layer Nname's and order messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

monnie

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm going crazy here. I was given a PCB design to fix for a client. I opened it up and Something is screwy and I can't fix it...

Problem 1) When looking at the long layer names (Right click on a layer tab -> select "use long layer names"), the yellow layer reads "Silkscreen Bottom". After Right clicking and selecting "use medium layer names" the name changes to "T-silk". This is obviously the top silkscreen. This shows up correctly in 3D view. Bottom Silkscreen does the same thing. It's long layer name is "Silkscreen top", but it's short layer name is "B-Silk". How do I change this "long layer name"?

Problem 2) this one is related, but very different because it doesn't show up right in 3D view. Top Soldermask and Bottom Soldermask are doing the same thing as the silkscreen, but the mask is showing up on the wrong side in 3D view. Here is the bad part: all of my component footprints from my PCB Library are showing up on the right side, but my Poly Regions are showing up on the wrong side.

Any suggestions as to how to get this straightened out?

Thanks

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back