Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium 15 - via diameter does not appear in PCB Inspector when using FSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurega

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have been fighting this issue for hours and wonder if anyone has had similar experience or found a solution.

I am quite well accustomed to using Find Similar Objects (FSO) and PCB Inspector in Altium PCB editor to make global changes to selected object properties. Today I am trying to change all via diameters in an existing PCB from 0.45 to 0.35mm. So, as usual, I right click a via, select Find Similar Objects and set the via diameter to 'same'. I apply and click OK, all applicable vias are now selected and the PCB Inspector panel appears. Problem is that 'Via Diameter' does not show up in the PCB Inspector properties, so I cant change it.

If I try a different PCB, it works fine, just this one that gives me an issue. I have made sure that the appropriate via diameter is included in the default via sizes, but that doesn't help.

If I select a different via diameter and try the same, the via diameter shows in the PCB Inspector. So, there is something odd about these 0.45mm vias on this design, but I can't think what and why?!

Any suggestions / ideas much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,
I know one case which can cause such situation. If at least one of the VIAs has the value "Top-Middle-Bottom" in the "Stack mode" you will get what you have. Altium doesn't let you change diameter of VIAs which have the same diameter but different type of Stack mode using the PCB Inspector. A Top-Middle-Bottom VIA has 3 diameters to change. So the PCB Inspector "doesn't know" which diameter you intend to change. You should choose VIAs with the Simple type of the Stack mode (choose any VIA with the Simple type of the Stack mode, run Find Siimilar Objects, specify Same in the Find Similar Objects window for the Stack mode parameter) to have ability to change VIAs diameter using the PCB Inspercor.

Hi Vasilevski,

Thanks for the advice, that was indeed the issue. I'm not sure how I ended up with "top-middle-bottom" type vias in that design, but your suggestion achieved exactly what I needed.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back