Not open for further replies.

grayknight88

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I'm looking for a way to develop a template of sorts. I reuse the same footprint for a small board for prototyping, and it has four or five components on it common to every board I make. I would like to make a template so that each time I develop a new board that uses this prototyping layout, that these four or five components are automatically placed and assigned the proper net names (think of this board as an interface to a backplane). This way, I can start right away adding my circuitry from DEHDL or DECIS, and when I export to PCB Editor, the design is ready to start placing my additional components.

What's the easiest way to do this? I'm fairly new to Cadence tools, and had a way of doing this in my old software.

Thanks!

While exporting the net-list to Allegro or OrCAD, you can use "Input Board" field to start-up from your default board."Output Board" field should surely be different or leave it simply blank.

While exporting the net-list to Allegro or OrCAD, you can use "Input Board" field to start-up from your default board."Output Board" field should surely be different or leave it simply blank.

That certainly is the obvious solution... I was so caught up in finding the tricky solution that I forgot about the simple one.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…