Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advise required 4 final year project wth FPGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all,

Thank You....first....

i need some help on the topic on my final year project in my university.

i hav some board wth altera FPGA chip/s.... and i m still thinking of wad topic i should do wth these boards. i would b grateful if someone can suggest me a few which is suitable as my final year project.

i would love it if it is not involve telecommunication, communication field, i dont like it:)

im a electronics majoring student. i love VLSI, PLD/CPLD, FPGA, digital electronics, digital integrated circuits, microelectronic, power electronics, circuits theory stuff....

it would b really grateful if someone could help...many many many thanxs in advance...

my regards,
sp

DSP with FPGAS is a HOT AREA .. a lot is going on !
But one of the problems is how to IMPLEMENT floating point algorithms ..
Well there is HSLA a library that you can get here : www.utia.cas.cz
you still need celoxica ..
with this any DPS application now is stright forward !

sp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dear eltonjohn,

thanks for ur suggestion....

too bad i nvr study any course on DSP b4..but i hav heard of it....

think i going to read myself on it,,,i just know it is digital signal processing...n i hav no idea on wad it is...

is there any connection btween DSP n digital image processing?...

any other suggestion from other?...

i hav thinking of doing the FPGA as a controller on physical stuff....but all the topic i can think of are too easy , too common which is not suitable for my final year project...

thanxs again eltonjohn...

regards,
sp

Hi SP,
You can try implementing old processors you are familiar with
May be you can try intel 8085. You already might be studied this one...
But now try to build one. I am sure you will learn a lot doing so...
Most important is you finish ur project in time and working threfor I am
suggesting you to do 8085 this will save ur time if ur already familiar with the
8085 architecture. Another thing is its not too complex to built one!
Best of luck!

sp

Take something commonly done in micro's and do it better in hardware :)

jdhar said:
Take something commonly done in micro's and do it better in hardware :)

could i know wad do u mean...not understand?....

doing the 8085 is good idea,,, but i only hav knowledge in the 8051 controller...can it b implemented using FPGA as well?..

thanxs all for reply....

regards,
sp

What about make Manchester codec or a ciclic redundant codec.

ya.. 8051 can be implemented on FPGA.. and it is a very good project for starters

I advice you to make a digital backend for an UWB system. If you are only one u can select a block of it, the matched filter for example.

jnanabindu said:
ya.. 8051 can be implemented on FPGA.. and it is a very good project for starters

could u tell me more about it....after finishing the vhdl coding,,,,can v use assembly code to program the 8051 FPGA like v normally do or still need vhdl to program the 8051 fpga??... hav doubt...thanxs....

amraldo said:
I advice you to make a digital backend for an UWB system. If you are only one u can select a block of it, the matched filter for example.

i dont understand wad is backend...wad is UWB....sorry for my ignorant...

ya ya...please no communication stuff.. uncapable/uninterested....:p

many many many thanxs to all reply...u all help...

regards,
sp

hi sp,

how abt going for a random number generator with more perfection than ordinary. i mean the randomness.. ofcourse requires gr8 level of math background. .and then coding! :) (not a original suggestion)

/cedance

Hi SP,
As i understand you hv not done DSP course, it wud be better for ur career to do DSP, but for ur project concern u can go alongwith 8051, it's a really good project to make ur fundamentals of M-Controller and FPGAs, further u can add-on ur applications in this project. If you r doing this, u can get a good guidance here. As per me go for 8051, but others are also welcome!

sp

Status
Not open for further replies.