Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice on converting a 3,7V battery voltage into ≧ ±12V @ ±1A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad;
I remember the oldest camcorders (the ones which recorded on VHS tape) actually had 12V lead-gel cells.
Back in the mid-to-late 1980's

Heavy stuff!

But I believe that the broad approach, local distribution and regulation of power, is sound. One immediate advantage will be modularity and ease of maintenance. I do not think that the stated maximum power load (24W) will be continuous but the life time of the battery is an important factor. I have a door peep hole camera that is activated by motion sensor and is run by a 600mAH Li-ion battery that runs of a few hours (less than 24 hours). I have not changed the battery for months!!!

Actually it looks like the current requirement will be dropping, too what I can't be sure but I will look into it.

This supply is for the meter discussed in:
(I'm in the middle of writing a post there but I'll post it later, though you'll probably have seen it, the one about a LCRZ-meter)

Status
Not open for further replies.