Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS for RF, Hspice & Spectre for IF ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmosbjt

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Quite a lot of company using ADS for RF circuit simulation and either Hspice or Spectre for IF circuit simulation. Why not use ADS for RF circuit, as well as IF circuit, since ADS has a Time Domain (Spice) simulator also?

@DS for RF, Hspice & Spectre for IF ... ?

A lot of engineers don't have much confidence in ADS's timedomain simulation. If you trust Agilent, and you think they provide good algorithms for both HB and transient, then you can use ADS for your IF circuits.

Though, ADS's HB is very powerful, fast with acceptable accuracy if you are handy with it.

i agree

the HB simulator of agilent is very powerfull , but the transient simualtor is slow
about the accuracy , i used it and it is good
specially there is a convultion in it , to use frequecy dependent element in it

khouly

I think it is difficult to design model for @DS' transient simualtor ............

Re: @DS for RF, Hspice & Spectre for IF ... ?

footprint said:
I think it is difficult to design model for @DS' transient simualtor ............
Why?

In fact doing transient simulation and then to use FFT is a very good way in spectre.
The results are very very close with HB.
Think that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back