Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Add instance constraints command

Status
Not open for further replies.

nohj_yar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I am using this command:
add instance constraints 0 fab_reg -module sram_bin_bit_jet -replace -revised

fab_reg is a register in module sram_bin_bit_jet..

Does this mean that ALL fab_reg register in module sram_bin_bit_jet in my entire design will be constrained to 0?

THanks..:)

Only that single register will have the constraints as 0...

Only that single register will have the constraints as 0...

but in my design, i have multiple module sram_bin_bit_jet that have fab_reg, will it not affect other fab_reg in other module of sram_bin_bit_jet?

Well, actually you have to specify the instance name along with the hierarchy. So you can specify which instance you actually want to apply the command..

Well, actually you have to specify the instance name along with the hierarchy. So you can specify which instance you actually want to apply the command..

yeah... i already tried that. also, i've tried invoking this commands:

add instance constraints 0 fab_reg -module sram_bin_bit_jet -replace -revised

add instance constraints 1 /b_l_blck/rap/row_9_/mim_4_/i1/II/fab_reg -replace -revised
add instance constraints 1 /b_l_blck/wrap/row_9_/mim_5_/i1/II/fab_reg -replace -revised
....(other the same commands)

but i got this warning?
Warning: Instance /b_l_blck/rap/row_9_/mim_4_/i1/II/fab_reg has conflicting constraint. Skip
// Warning: Instance /b_l_blck/wrap/row_9_/mim_5_/i1/II/fab_reg has conflicting constraint. Skip
......(other the same warning)

my question is that if the command add instance constraints 0 fab_reg -module sram_bin_bit_jet -replace -revised affects only one fab_reg, why is there a conflict on other fab_reg on the other paths that i used?

Don't use -module option. Use the proper instance name instead. When you use -module, it will apply it to all modules.
Secondly the warning is shown because you are trying to remove all constraints using 1 command and you are trying to add constraints using another. It is a conflict.So decide whether you want to add or remove constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back