Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

access list control for cisco router

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrouga

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

i have programmed this access list in a cisco router :
access-list 130 deny tcp host 172.16.40.10 host 66.1.2.254 eq www

this to disable access to web server 66.1.2.254 from PC1 172.16.40.10 when looking for http pages
but,i noticed that the ping is also inhibited, so i can't ping from pc1 to web server which should not happened as i deny only web pages

please some help

More than likely your Cisco router is not configured to pass ping packets or the firewall configuration of target host of the ping is not configured to permit a ping.

In the first case examine the access list of the router to ensure it is configured for passing ping packets.

In the second case ensure the firewall of the target host is configured to permit a ping.

Have you attempted to ping the same target host from another host on the same subnet as PC1?

BigDog

in fact i am doing this on packet tracer.
i linked another pc to the same network but the same problem i can't ping the server from this new pc, this should not happened since i specified only one host

thank you for help, i forget to add this :

access-list 130 permit ip any any

now it's ok

Status
Not open for further replies.