Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC to DC and DC to AC ( inverter ) circuit design using SMPS technique

Status
Not open for further replies.
sg3525+600w smps

we are designing an smps circuit with a/c input of 210-240V 50Hz and an output of 5V and 1A. I went thru the powerint site for devoping smps ckt but it recommends use of linkswitchII(LNK616PG) and EE16 10pin tranformer.

Ref for sch: http://www.powerint.com/sites/default/files/images/schematics/di158.gif

But am interested in building an smps with just a power transistor or a mosfet for switching instead of LNK616PG and a suitable transformer. Can anyone help me out for building such a ckt which is popular in mobile phone chargers???

dead time generator circuit mosfet push pull

For starting with smps design ,my first advice would be read the books of Marty Browm ,Abraham Pressman and Chryssis .
For my first steps with smps's i builded a testboard with SG3525 (like proposed in the ST datasheet) to get a good understanding of the oscillator .
Start out of safety precautions with a low voltage ,take lets say a 24 Volt transformer and make your first trials with 24 Volt ac input .
(also always use fuses)
This keeps you safe ,and the chance your parts survive a small mistake are bigger .
On the website of texas instruments you can find the unitrode seminars and also they have webcasts about prototyping smps's .
https://focus.ti.com/docs/training/catalog/events/event.jhtml?sku=SEM401001
**broken link removed**
They offer quite good learning material and reference designs .
Personaly i would say start with pushpull or halfbridge (in case of higher input voltages) ,SG3525 is good for a lot of topology's and it doesnt differ much from more or less every pwm generator .
For halfbridge IR2153 is good for a very simple setup it has oscillator ,halfbridge driver and fixed dead time all in a dil8 .
But i would suggest to start with reading your way into this matter (maybe start with one of the examples from Marty Brown can fill in your own requirements but also can check your calculations)
Then build it and measure ,understanding comes with aswell theory as practice .

Good luck and be carefull with your eyebrows .

smps circits of pc power supply

Please find the attachment

Attachments

• atx_power_supply_schematic_1456.pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 141

smps design tool

The site of Professor Walter Schmidt has changed to:

Tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com