Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC response of uncompensated LDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyenvanthien

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm considering AC response of the uncompensated LDO. You can see this picture.
Can you show me that how many poles, zeros are in circuit? And formula to calculate them?
Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 85

basically there are 2 poles and one zero(esr zero need to place resistance(10m) in series with output cap )

pole positions
1/(ctotal *rtotal) at every node

poles are
1)power fet gate pole
2)output pole location is 1/(cout*{ron*[rf1||rf2]}) ron if power fet in triode or else it is rds

for powerfet gate pole cgd will be multiplied by 2nd stage gain times A2
pole = 1/(R1*(C1+CGS+CGD*A2)

Depending on your error amplifier structure some others poles may come

Thank araya.jagadeesh!
I use the single ended 2 stages opamp in my LDO. After I run DC simulation, I have parameters:
Gm1=0.0269; R1=1329K;C1=18.2(fF); Mosfet MP has: Gm=384.1u; Rds=685.7K; Cgs=131.6(fF); Cgd=48.7(fF). So, applying your formula, pole at P1 is 9.23 Khz. It's very different from simulation result.
What's wrong?
I hope to receive your answer!acresponse.jpg

Hello arya.jagadeesh,
I think out pole is calculated: 1/[Cout*((Rf1+Rf2)//Rds)]. Cout=15pF; Rf1=23.5K; Rf2=49.3K; Rds=943K. So, output pole is 156.7Mhz.
Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back