Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Motor Speed Control using TRIAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

saad14

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can we control the speed of ac motor using TRIAC??
Anyone can help with circuit diagram?

Thanks.

Hi,

when I do an internet search "triac motor control schematic" I get half a million hits.
What´s wrong with them?
Even here in the forum I get 200 hits for "triac motor"

I can find nothing new in your idea. It´s already done many million times.
Or do you have any special requirements? If so, then post them all at once, not piece by piece.

If you are not sure "what and how", then look for application notes, design notes and tutorials. There are many good ones.
Reliable sources are semiconductor manufacutrers and universities. The more detailed the description, the better. Even if you don´t understand every detail by now.
Take your time to read through some of them.

Klaus

Certain types of AC motors need to be frequency controlled if you want to vary their speed.

Triac control works with a few types such as squirrel cage. I made a triac-based speed control for the fan attached to our wood stove. The circuit I built was similar to a light dimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.