Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About yagi antenna simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Quoc.S

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi , Im simulating a yagi antenna with 6 elements with the haft-wavelength dipole driven element at 2.4Ghz using hfss v15.
The radiation pattern, gain, directivity are as expected :grin: But the input impedance is somewhat i dont understand. As i know the input impedance of an dipole is about 73 +45j(ohm) but the Z parameter graph say about 200 +60j ohm.:-?
I also simulate a haft-wave dipole only after, but z-graph is not about 73+45j :?:
I dont know if my simulation is correct or not. Can someone tell me what is the reason about the impedance? Thanks in advance.
Here are my simulation files:
yagi
dipole

Attachments

• simulationfiles.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:

Without looking at your design, I'd have to say that it's expected.

Commercial Yagi antennas typically have some kind of matching network (Gamma, Delta, etc.) to tune the antenna impedance to near 50/75 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back