Status
Not open for further replies.

hanen88

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to display the frequency variation of an LC VCO with temperature. Hence, i used harmonic balance and options existing in ADS? However, when i put the variable'Temp' as a sweep parameter the simulation doesn't work. I ask how can i use this template to display the frequency variation with temperature ( ranging between 0° and 100°).
I'm so grateful to help me:
sincerely

Use "temp" instead of Temp..
You can define this variable directly in HB Controller's Sweep Variable section..

It 's OK, i can run simulation. I put so the equation HB.freq[1] to display frequency, however i don't have the right curve which is given as below. What can i do to correct it, i ask if i should modify some parameters in Harmonic balance about the frequency.

If none of the circuit parameters is temperature dependent, won't we expect a graph like this?

But, there is an LC VCO oscillator which contains varactor. What can i do to correct it. If you have a clear tutorial please send to me, i'm so grateful

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i ask if i should add temperature value of each component of my LC VCO, or where is the matter

Rethinking the problem I wonder how you manage to measure VCO frequency in HB analysis.

To measure VCO frequency, i used just transient analysis which display the frequency spectrum. Concerning HB analysis, i just used it to determine the frequency variation with temperaturen i just add frequency=4GHZ and sweep variable is 'temp'. Moreover i put the options. Taking account that i don't do another thing like measure operating frequency.
I ask if i hould use HB analaysis to measure frequency in the same time i use option to display frequency variation with temperature/

- - - Updated - - -

There is a capture of my project VCO, please help me to display frequency with temperature

- - - Updated - - -

I should modify frequency; there is the right capture

Have you ever assigned a Osc_Port or A differential Node Pair for Oscillator Observing Point ??
In other words, is your oscillator really working without changing temp variable ?? I don't think so..

I found only the solution i should activate enable oscillator analysis. Finally i obtain this curve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…