Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about cadence in digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_mhussein2005

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have some questions and please anyone answer me as fast as possible
1) what is the cadence tool in digital ic platform that makes digital simulation (as modelsim in mentor tools)?
2) is anyone can explain me the difference between SOC Encounter and first encounter?
3)what are the preferred tools between cadence tools and mentor tools in digital design and why?
please anyone reply me quickly.

Cadence's simulator is NCsim (last i remember).. I prefer modelsim though just cause its easier to use..

The difference between SE and SOCE is first off they both do basically the same thing.. Place and route. Main difference is SOCE is cleaner to use and sharper looking. Both use wroute internally unless you have a license for nanoroute with SOCE.

oh woops.. i read your question wrong.. from what i understand First encounter and SOC encounter are basically the same tool but changed names as upgrades and fixes were added..

jelydonut

Hi

First encounter, Nano encounter

SOC Encounter is the latest version, which consists of First encounter, Nano encounter.

The cadence's simulation tool is called NC-verilog.
It is compatiable with verilog-xl.
As I remember, it's name is changed to IUS beyond version 5.3/5.4.

Sincerely,
Jarod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back