Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about synthesis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

horzonbluz

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, my friends. I synthesis a design. But it encounted a fatal error. I don't know what cause this error. From the synthesis log file, there just has a warining message: there are some registers in your design that have no loading. Then it reports that fatal error.
Have you encount such a error when you synthesis your designs? How can delete this fatal error? :(

are u sure ur RTL is correct....IF then may be a bug in DC..one of my design didnt get synthesised (got a fatal error) with 2003.03 version.. I tried 2000.05 version and was working fine... may be u can contact synopsys support .. with error code given by Design Comiler..

Hi, whizkid. Maybe you are right. I just use DC 2003.06-DC2 UNIX version.Ihave checked my design many times and found nothing. For exzample, i uses verplex to check my design to see if thers have some output ports that have no loading. I have run some patterns to check my design. :?

I dont think no loading register is a problem. Maybe a bug of DC. You can try another version or do some modification on your script. for example: change the order of the files.

U may check ur registers whether their output is no connetcion.

1. figure out where the crash is: analysis -> compile -> optimization.

2. try to comment some codes out if you can, may be you can isolate the problem this way.

3. use solvenet to search with the error code.

Good advice. I will check my codes carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back