Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about pcb in protel99se

Status
Not open for further replies.

khorshid

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I have a problem in protel 99 SE.
Who knows that how can I drag component with their connection in a pcb.I know how do it in schematic but can't do it in pcb.

I'm not an expert.

But I think you have to unroute a track before you can move. Else the track won't follow the move of component.

try selecting all the components with their connections, then drag them...if this doesnt work, hill's suggestion is the next best way to do it

You need to set it up in your preferences first. Go to Tools>Preferences>Options Tab. Look at the lower right corner of the tab and you will see "Component Drag". Set the mode to "Connected tracks".

Now when you drag a component, the connected tracks with nets will move with the component. Generally, you move (drag) a component by using Edit>Move>Component (hotkeys 'MC'). You can also drag the componet by left clicking on the component and holding - you may need to verify the desired component to move by clicking on its name if a selection list pops up.

If you just want to move blocks of objects, select the components, tracks, pads, etc. Now use Edit>Move>Move Selection (hotkeys 'MS'), and you can relocate the entire block of objects. This will not drag tracks - it will just move everything that is selected. Any unselected track sements will stay where they are.

khorshid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You may have to select the component and then click the right button click on "Move selction' and then place it wherever you want. This is valid for single component as well as group of components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back