Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A circuit for water sprinkler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which circuit do you want? I am internetuser. My internetuser2k12 got banned.

Do you want the relay circuit which is controlled by mcu? Will the relay drive a motor which pumps water to the sprinkler?

I am internetuser2k11 and internetuser2k12. Do you want the circuit for relay control using mcu? relay will switch the motor which pumps water to the sprinkler.

See the attached circuit. This is to drive 1 motor using 1 relay. If you want to drive more motors then use uln2803a between mcu and 8 relays.

Attachments

• relay.gif
    relay.gif
    153.9 KB · Views: 58
  • relay4.jpg
    relay4.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Soil moisture sensor keeps on measuring the water level in the ground. As soon as the water level goes below a specific level, the water starts sprinkling and it stops as it goes above some specified level.Assume that the rain has started and at the same time sprinkling of water is going on, then there would be a wastage of water. So, as soon as the rain starts the water sprinkler turns OFF.

I want to use sprinkler for this purpose... Can i get some help in programming???

That is a very simple project. Do you want to use adc to detect level of soil moisture? depending the adc value soil moisture is determined and if soil maisture is low relay pins are activated to drive the motors. When soil becomes wet, adc values change and relays will be turned off.

I am planning to use it as follows...
The sensor senses the water level and the voltage will be send to the controller using an adc. as soon as the voltage level goes beyond the threshold voltage, the controller is so programmed that it will start water sprinkler...

If you need the code then you have to mention what is the soil moisture low condition adc input voltage and soil moisture high condition adc input voltage.

And how can i get that???

Another question... How can i measure the sensitivity of the sensitivity of a sensor...

- - - Updated - - -

And how can i get that???

Another question... How can i measure the sensitivity of the sensitivity of a sensor...

I don't know what sensor you are using and what op-amp circuit you are using between sensor and adc pin.

Put the probes in dry soil and see the input voltage at the adc pin then wet the soil for wet condition and then measure voltage at the adc pin.

soil moisture sensor keeps on measuring the
water level in the ground. As soon as the water level goes below a
specific level, the water starts sprinkling and it stops as it goes
above some specified level.Assume that the rain has started and at the
same time sprinkling of water is going on, then there would be a
wastage of water. So, as soon as the rain starts the water sprinkler
turns OFF.

This is the concept of my program.
I want to program in such a way that two sensors(rain and soil moisture sensor) and water sprinkler integrates with each other... Can you help me with code???

Use a seperate sensor for rain. If there is rain then output will be disabled and if there is no rain output will depend upon the condition of soil moisture.

Use a sensor to detect rain. If there is rain then in the code disable the pin which drives the relay otherwise control the relay depending upon the soil moisture.

I don't have a circuit. Search for rain sensor. Decide which rain sensor you want to use or do you want to make your own rain sensor then only circuit can be designed.

I have the circuits. Here it is..(below)
And the concept is that the soil moisture sensor keeps on measuring the water level in the ground. As soon as the water level goes below a specific level, the water starts sprinkling and it stops as it goes above some specified level.Assume that the rain has started and at the same time sprinkling of water is going on, then there would be a wastage of water. So, as soon as the rain starts the water sprinkler turns OFF.

Now can you help me in coding??? Define the ports of the controller on your own and i will edit them according to my need. But please send the code as soon as the possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back