Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] stm32f103c8t6 upload a code for using OTA methodology

PRATHAP96

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We're now using the STM32F103C8, if any possible given simple example for uploading code for STM32F103C8 Through OTA method and also explain what are the methods are possible easy method to uploading code through internet.please give me your hand.

Hi,

I just did an internet search. there are tutorials, application notes, exampes, videos, discussions, github projects ... all on the first page.

Klaus

Hi,

I just did an internet search. there are tutorials, application notes, exampes, videos, discussions, github projects ... all on the first page.

Klaus
Uploading code for STM32F103C8 Through "Over The Air" method or through internet method, I have seen internet search but i cant clearly understand so that please give some example. it is useful for me.

Hello!

I have seen internet search but i cant clearly understand so that please give some example. it is useful for me.

Tell us what exactly you did, and where you get stuck, it will be a lot easier than writing yet another app note
specifically for you.

Dora

I have attached this file Stm32f103c8 FOTA through ESP8266. But i can't get the output properly wifi is not connected.
My issue are,
1. I get a error for - control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
2. server did not connect properly
3. In some time code is uploaded through FOTA but stm32f103c8 is not working
my issue are attached in photos

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-29 at 1.01.31 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-29 at 1.01.31 PM (3).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-29 at 7.30.09 PM.jpeg

My hardware connection is also attached with image
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-29 at 10.20.06 PM.jpeg

please give me idea to solve this error.
Prathap

Attachments

• STM32-OTA-master.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
If WiFi is not connected the problem is between your ESP8266 and WiFi Router. Sorry if this is a silly question but did you customize the .ino file with your own SSID and password?

The error appears to be caused by mismatched brackets, I can't see a problem in the code you show but it could be in a routine nearer the beginning of the file. Showing line numbers will help, the '128' in the error report tells you where the problem was detected although the error will be some way before it.

Brian.

Last edited:
I have changed my own SSID and password, in .cpp file get error in the function of
unsigned char stm32GetId() - error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type] in Arduino 2.2.0 version.
please assist us.

Attachments

• STM32-OTA-master.zip
    2 MB · Views: 63
I have changed my own SSID and password, in .cpp file get error in the function of
unsigned char stm32GetId() - error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type] in Arduino 2.2.0 version.
please assist us.
please check my code is not properly working,.ino, .cpp,.h files are attached with txt file .
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-30 at 2.52.15 PM (1).jpeg

my first image, code was uploaded ok but code was not uploaded in my stm32f103c8.
my second image was say was error MCU.
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-30 at 2.52.15 PM.jpeg
so please verify my code, and give me some example to solve this solution.

Attachments

• STM32OTA_ESP8266.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 61
  • STM32OTA_ESP8266_CPP.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 57
  • SMOTA_ESP8266_H.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 55
If WiFi is not connected the problem is between your ESP8266 and WiFi Router. Sorry if this is a silly question but did you customize the .ino file with your own SSID and password?

The error appears to be caused by mismatched brackets, I can't see a problem in the code you show but it could be in a routine nearer the beginning of the file. Showing line numbers will help, the '128' in the error report tells you where the problem was detected although the error will be some way before it.

Brian.
please check my code is not properly working,.ino, .cpp,.h files are attached with txt file
my first image, code was uploaded ok but code was not uploaded in my stm32f103c8.
my second image was say was error MCU.
so, please verify my code, and give me some example to solve this solution.
please verify my code, and give me some example to solve this solution.
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-30 at 2.52.15 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• STM32OTA_ESP8266.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 60
    3.3 KB · Views: 47
  • SMOTA_ESP8266_H.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 53
I tried your code but I do not have any STM32 MCUs here at the moment to see if it programmed properly. I got the same "return-type" warning but the code is good. It seems there is a bug in the compiler that throws the warning when nothing is actually wrong. It seems to be confused when the return value is after an 'else' statement. You can probably remove the 'else' completely, if it doesn't return one of the previous values it will then return 0 by default. I think you can turn the warning off in the IDE settings.

Brian.

Hi
I have attached my code for .ino .cpp .h file changed to txt file to attached this I was compile and upload code is done correctly. I connect with my ESP 8266 IP address with internet server is connected successfully, I can upload a BIN file, the server says upload ok but code was not uploaded, and i cant return it stack on this server or web page. I was attached image.
so please to say how to solve this solution or else, say any other easy methods of bin file upload (STM32F103C8)through OTA method using ESP8266 with working condition.

Attachments

• STM32OTA_ESP8266.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 61
    3.3 KB · Views: 64
  • SMOTA_ESP8266_H.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 54
Hi
I have attached my code for .ino .cpp .h file changed to txt file to attached this I was compile and upload code is done correctly. I connect with my ESP 8266 IP address with internet server is connected successfully, I can upload a BIN file. but i get an error for -

Erase failure how to solve this issue.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 12.40.00 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• STM32OTA_ESP8266.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 47
    3.3 KB · Views: 53
  • SMOTA_ESP8266_H.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 47
I think to help further we need to see how you have all this connected, in a physical rather than electrical sense. Can you post a photograph of the actual boards and wiring please.

Do you have access to a logic analyzer?

Brian.

I think to help further we need to see how you have all this connected, in a physical rather than electrical sense. Can you post a photograph of the actual boards and wiring please.

Brian.
Yes,
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-04 at 10.15.13 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-04 at 10.15.12 AM.jpeg

--- Updated ---

Brian.
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-04 at 10.32.32 AM.jpeg

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back