Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89s52 strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medtronic

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All

In my board i use a 89s52 there are two contactors "power from separet switch" that drive 3 phase motor for up and down motor movement and another motor
That all works, but sometimes when start or stop the motor, the 89s52 reset, the 5v is clean with 0,1uF and 10uF, i start to increase the power capcitor to 2200 uf
and at the input of the control board ,but it is better but never total elimnate this reseting
What can i make to eliminate the reseting of the 89s52?

Thanks for any help and sugestion

Best regards
MedTronic

you should use SolidStateRelay to drive the motor contactors

or you can hook an 220nF X2 capacitor in series with 100 Ohm res.
to the coil ends of motor contactors

just out of curiosity, what does your reset circuit look like on the microcontroller?
Sometimes noise can cause headaches for you if the reset circuit is not correct.

Do you have EA pin connected to VCC?

I guess EMI's produced in the switching relay are playing havok on the reset. You may try using SSR's instead. Cheers

use snubber series with load and keep proper earth

Hello,

Even I am facing the same problem as yours(reset problem). Did you get any solution for your problem. Please let me know what is the solution you found.

I really appreciate your help. I am also using the contactors to switch the motor on and off. when the contactor is on our microcontroller is getting reset.

Please mail me the details to tantarshan@gmail.com.

Let me know your phone number, I will call you today. My no is +91 9980410204.

Suresh.

Guys, A capacitor acts as a short for transients and resets the IC.
To prevent it, Use a TCM809 or similar 3 pin reset ic to protect the uC from transients.
The reset IC protects the uC from any sudden changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.