Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89s52 program using serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.
at89isp for xp

Here is the file:

atmel at89 programmer

Hi!Zenner!
My name is Cuong! I used your schematic but unsuccessful .I use "Atmel microcontroller ISPprogrammer " to burn chipAT89S52 but have error .What softsware do You use ?
In the schematic ,I used R=4.7K
Thank you!

89s51 target board + pdf

I think that the schenatic from Zenner is for STK200/300 It mainly for AVR but it can program AT89S8252 and AT89S53 with AVRISP Program or you could use bascom 8051 to program it .. BUT!! I have try to program AT89S52 and it won't work at all, I think because the software is not support...

For AT89ISP you need a schematic for it.. Not the stk200/300 schematic.. I Try to working on it to find out the schematic.. as far as i know if you want AT89ISP program to detect cable that connect to printer port you need to connect printerport pin 9 with pin 11.. If i found any more info i will post it here..

stk200 dongle

Atmel Schematic link Given by drwho78, Can I use 74HC244 insted of 74VHC244 ?

at89 isp

Hi hynix

You can use 74VHC244 instead of 74HC244. The 74VHC244 is 5V I/O tolerant as well as it operates at 3.3V

lancos avr ispprogrammer pcb

Hi.. Try this one, It can program 89S by using the same hardware of stk200.. it provide a good windows software..
**broken link removed**

at89isp xp

Hi Ramesh,
I believe you wanted to say I can use 74hc244 insted of 74vhc244 if my system is working on 5v supply.

Next I want to know, my 89s52 is working on 3.4v@24MHz how can I program InSystem,
if I use atmels ISP software I have to build the circuit provided in the file http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/isp_C_v5.PDF but can I use 74hc244 for this type of programming application,or there is compultion to use 74vhc244, can any one suggest me the method for programming the 89s52 working on 3.4v@24MHz InSystem.
also how **broken link removed** this will do for this ...... :?:

build at89 isp programmer

Hi!

I need the circuit diagram for the cable ( 25 Pin LPT connector to the 10 pin header for the target board ) suitable for ISP software downloaded from ATMEL site.

Please help.

I have checked previous posts elsewhere on this forum but there is some confusion for the 25 pin parallel port connector terminations.

Thanks

Bye!

atmel at89isp download

kumar said:
Hi!

I need the circuit diagram for the cable ( 25 Pin LPT connector to the 10 pin header for the target board ) suitable for ISP software downloaded from ATMEL site.

Please help.

I have checked previous posts elsewhere on this forum but there is some confusion for the 25 pin parallel port connector terminations.

Thanks

Bye!
What's wrong with the original Atmel schematic http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/isp_C_v5.PDF :?:

programmer using 74hc244 for at89s52

kumar said:
Hi!

Please help.

Thanks

Bye!

Most people that PM me about the original Atmel Schematics link that I posted did not look at page 2 of the schematics. That PDF file has two pages! The 25 pin connector information is on page 2. Please look at the schematics carefully and do not assume that all PDF schematics contain only 1 page. Like I posted before, that schematics work fine with the Atmel software. I just had to change the termination values.

at89isp programmer cable

I built the AVR ISP dongle (the one with 74HC244) and used Ponyprog but it diodn't work, anybody here knows how to fix this?

thanks

74hc541 isp programmer interface

go to setup of ponyprog and first calibrate,then do interface setup:

PARALLEL,AVR ISP I/O,LPT1,no check for checkboxes

then select avr micro from device.

it works nice for me for a long time!

programmer 89s52 lpt

Hello,
I made the ASIM Khan Programmer using the 74HC541 and it worked.
I remade it using the 74HC244 chip (STK 200 dongle) and it worked as well. The software tested was A. Khan's. I couldn't get the ATMEL AT89 ISP software to work even after building the "isp_C_v5.pdf" version posted in this forum.

Thanks for the support. Gam

at89isp usb

ME said:
What's wrong with the original Atmel schematic http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/isp_C_v5.PDF Question

gam said:
Hello,
I remade it using the 74HC244 chip (STK 200 dongle) and it worked as well. The software tested was A. Khan's. I couldn't get the ATMEL AT89 ISP software to work even after building the "isp_C_v5.pdf" version posted in this forum.

Hi
isp_C_v5.pdf is for in-system-programming of ATMEL ATF15xx family Flash based reporogrammable CPLDs and not for ATMEL AT89...

circuit + at89s52 programmer

ramesh said:
ME said:
What's wrong with the original Atmel schematic http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/isp_C_v5.PDF Question

gam said:
Hello,

Hi
isp_C_v5.pdf is for in-system-programming of ATMEL ATF15xx family Flash based reporogrammable CPLDs and not for ATMEL AT89...

Never mind what Atmel said about the "isp_C_v5.pdf" schematics. I have the Atmel AT89ISP cable and compared it with the schematics "isp_C-v5.pdf". It is exactly the same. I also built another cable using the circuit in "isp_C_v5.pdf", it works with the Atmel AT89 ISP software.

Reactions: dumy

dumy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
downloader at89sxx

drwho78 said:
Never mind what Atmel said about the "isp_C_v5.pdf" schematics. I have the Atmel AT89ISP cable and compared it with the schematics "isp_C-v5.pdf". It is exactly the same. I also built another cable using the circuit in "isp_C_v5.pdf", it works with the Atmel AT89 ISP software.

Then it is a nice find if you have really compared and found it same!

isp 89s52 use a twisted pair

Hello,

I want to add a comment on the AVR ISP type programmer (using the 74HC244 chip). After I built it on a PCB, it wouldn't work with the ASIM Khan SW (gave verify error).

After several tests and solder iron burns, it turns out there is noise on some of the lines from the parallel port (although it is only a 80 cm cable).

After rebuilding the parallel cable with twisted pair (each signal line with one gnd cable) the circuit finally worked correctly.

This might be useful if you tried the circuit and got the verify error.

Regards,

Gam

at89sxx download cable circuit

what's the real at89isp cable???

this one:

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc3310.pdf

or this one:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/isp_C_v5.PDF

:?: :?: :?:

if you look very closely at the connections for the header <-> parallel port, both circuits differ in connection... 8O

take a look at this link:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/faq_card.asp?faq_id=1451

it says that:
Question: Where can I find the schematic diagram of the ISP download cable for the ATF15xx series of JTAG-ISP CPLDs?
Answer: You can find the schematic diagram of the ISP download cable for the ATF15xx series of CPLDs on Atmel's web site at http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/isp_C_v5.PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.