Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 8051 clock input signal to L297/L298

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Benguillo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. i am using AT89c51 micro controller in driving bipolar stepper motor. can someone give me idea on generating PWM clock signal to the L297???(like period, pulse width, duty cycle, etc) i have read somewhere that if have wrong clock signal, the motors will be destroyed. :shock::shock:

C code is appreciated.
thanQ:grin:

according to me steeper motor does't require PWM it just required pulse and no matter of duty cycle.
and servo motor required PWM so for steeper motor just give pulses to IC and keep current at low. and motor will not get destroy.

@jayanth.devarayanadurga
sir as you given link they required 50% duty cycle and can be achive with timer is it right?
bcoz in timer other work can be done.

Thank you for the reply. but what is the typical value (in seconds) for the period of the pulses??

Thank you sir. this really helped me a lot .

The thread can die now.

Status
Not open for further replies.