Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 segment LCD design help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashdot

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am designing a system to display temperature using 7 segment LCD. I have designed my circuit but having problem with PCB designing. The LCD I was suggested to use by my supervisor is a 7 segment by LUMEX. I need to power every single segment and can not multiplex and it has only 1 common. PCB routing is fine if I do double sided but I meant to do single side design. There is my problem because I have too many connection from LCD to pic. I am attaching my circuit design.

PLEASE help me with the design and if I can do something about the LCD so I have no conflicts during routing my PCB.

rec-circuit.png

You can isolate some connection
jack connection.JPG Here, an example of it, I had the same problem and I solved the problem in this way, by using 8-pins tunic connector. It looks professional. :)

Thanks tusemo for your suggestion. But I am not quite sure how to use these connector. Do I have to route it manually? It would be really great help if you give a brief explanation. I am using ARES (Proteus VSM) for my PCB design.

Edit: I am including my PCB layout.3d.pngLayout.png

Last edited:

What coincidence, both using the same software. :cool:

Use manual routing or check settings about routing.

Try to make double sided.

I looked for the pic that you are using, all port-pins are grouped (I mean b port pins i.e are neighbor ). Take the pins that you will use to male header (conn-silx : x is the number of pin), and do the same for the segment's pins. and then by using a tunic connector you can connect them together.
Here the picture of the tunic connector.2012-06-14-038.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back