Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 volt dc circuit without using transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanpreetk

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to make a circuit in which I need 3-5 volts supply for ADC of ATMEGA16 from the mains supply voltage of 230 volts AC.I am trying to make a circuit without the need of stepping down the voltage through a transformer.Is there any circuit that I can use for my convenience (a circuit in which I can achieve 3-5 volts without using transformer) ?

Hi,
Thanks for the useful information. :)
I tried making the above circuits but voltage output that I am getting is not stable, it keeps on increasing continuously.
For eg. if voltage output in the beginning is 4.80 volts, it keeps on increasing to 4.81, 4.82 and so on... after every 1 or 2 seconds, to approximately 5 volts. Is there any method so that I can get a stable voltage without adding .01 volts after every 1 second?

Required reading for anyone building transformerless supplies:

**broken link removed**

Reactions: ysba

ysba

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.