Status
Not open for further replies.

jankro

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a set of these and the transmitter has a heat sensetive four legged SMD chip inside the metal can. Picture disappears when this warms up and after cooling it, the picture re-appears.
I have not found any info about the chip. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!
**broken link removed**

-Jan

Looking at the way it is used, I would suggest its a Hittite H251 prescaler. It seems to feed the Zarlink PLL (above it) from the oscillator (below it) and the SOT23 device looks to be wired as a charge pump in the PLL feedback path.

Brian.

Reactions: jankro

jankro

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Great, thank you very much!!

Now, my next problem is where to get one of those beasts. A quick check showed that only some wholesale places have them and I don't think that I need thousand's of them ;-)

-Jan

They are probably obsolete, Hittite don't list them on their web site but they probably make a replacement type you could drop in instead. Try contacting them, they have a representative in Finand. The contact information is on their web site Hittite Microwave I find most companies are helpful and often let you have a free sample!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.