Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+40V 0v -40v / 10A SMPS For Power Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Deepone
greetings thanks for helping me i am newbie in smps i want to try this smps with igbt for 80 0 80 dc volts 2kw is it ok for me to try nice software can you
share english version of software cant understand russian thanks a lot
warm regards
andrew lebon

Greetings, Andrew Lebon.
i want to try this smps with igbt
I think better try first to do this with cheap irf740 fets.
can you share english version
sorry, no english version of this software.

Hi Deepone
greetings thanks for replying i will follow your advice and test with mosfets i have to design pcb also
please see ifthis is same software you use in russian

warm regards
andrew lebon:cry:

Attachments

• ExcellentIT-En(4000).rar
    202.6 KB · Views: 842
DSC00899.JPGHello Everyone im new here..and im glad to be a part of this forum,,,i want to learn about high power smps
and willing to accept any advice

this are my core on hand
T50,PM.ETD49,ETD59

- - - Updated - - -

Hello DeepOne Can Viper22A used instead of viper12a do you have BOM of all parts pls i want to make this smps you posted ill make it 95v dc 3.5kw is it possible using igbt and etd 59?

Attachments

• DSC00865.JPG
    DSC00865.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00866.JPG
    DSC00866.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00867.JPG
    DSC00867.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC00869.JPG
    DSC00869.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00870.JPG
    DSC00870.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 95
  • PM87 core photos.jpg
    PM87 core photos.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Hello, Irvynejay.
Can Viper22A used instead of viper12a
yes, without problems. apropos good inductor possible to make with ring from old motherboard.

do you have BOM of all part
no, this does not need since it is used that there it is presented in this moment in this place )
make it 95v dc 3.5kw is it possible using igbt and etd 59?
In past i have done welding device on this power so approximately think yes. But better if you have oscilloscope, if its no, better spend pair of evening and make it from atmega32 + ad9280 + display from Siemens 65 cellphone.

Thanx for the answer DeepOne i only have analog 20mhz scope 10x probes

What do you mean by this (better spend pair of evening and make it from atmega32 + ad9280 + display from Siemens 65 cellphone)
does it mean i can build scope by using this parts can you link me for the file of this pls

ok ill try my best to make layout base on your schematic ill post it soon,,what would you suggest to use ETD49 or 59?

Transformers with bigger sized cores is easier in fabrication. Also with ETD49 density of current in coils wires will above and will be necessary efficient forced cooling.
On the other hand with ETD59 slightly bigger magnetization current.
All this may easy evaluate by means of Andrew Lebon attached program (in message #24).

Hi DEEPONE
greetings smps in post#9 i made it came on first time now i making schematic in post#14 just designing pcb for it can i use T50 CORE
FERRITE MATERIAL 26 have to make softstart circuit on pcb thanks for your smps schematics i am trying to learn smps
warm regards
andrew lebon:grin:

- - - Updated - - -

pcb still under progress

Attachments

• 2500W SMPS.JPG
    2500W SMPS.JPG
    763 KB · Views: 182
  • 2500W SMPS.JPG
    2500W SMPS.JPG
    646.6 KB · Views: 163

Hello Deepone can i ask If possible to remove the 1.5KE440CA using igbt

yes, but they cost not more than 1USD so better leave it or put only on "lo" IGBT.
Upper transistors driver is not connected to local "+" rail. Some mistakes with Viper. Near timing assigning chains of IR2153 is laid powerful lines from transformer. So much close located line under big voltage.
Freewheeling diodes (between IGBT C&E) probably will not much comfortable for cooling.

Last edited:
Ok thanx for the info in my case its hard to find this 1.5ke440CA locally ,,is it possible to use irp460 2 pairs with totem pole on this design with EE55 or ETD 59? how much power do i get ,,,and i would like to ask how to make gate driver transformer using ee19 or ee 16 can you give me information of the primary and secondary turns and wire gauge to be used? pls

is it possible to use irp460 2 pairs
Think yes, but i did not try this.
how much power do i get
You may define this with program attached in message #24.

With GDT this will look approximately since on this scheme

Think yes, but i did not try this.

You may define this with program attached in message #24.

With GDT this will look approximately since on this scheme

Can you pls post full schematic on this design pls if its on to you?

Hi Deepone
greetings tested both your smps both working some pics to show you my work thanks for your guidance and schematics now that smps has been tested can i put
IGBT to increase power for my smps
warm regards
andrew lebon

Attachments

• DSCN3713.jpg
    DSCN3713.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 142
  • securedownload[1].jpg
    securedownload[1].jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN3731.jpg
    DSCN3731.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 119

Can you pls post full schematic on this design
Why not ) This is aging scheme, already presented in other topic.

Greetings, Andrew Lebon.
Glad to see that deal is moves.

@Andrew Is that Mosfet or IGBT on your test,,good to see its working already
@Deepone is it ok if i use aux transformer for the supply of ir2153 21vac regulated with 7815 instead of viper ic?

Status
Not open for further replies.