Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

400V digital potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordsandman

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,
i want to design a digital power supply with 400V, max 2mA output and 0.1V resolution(12-bit). i know its hard to control 400V with MCU but output current so tiny. is it possible to divide 400V by digital pots? any specific high voltage IC or a method for transforming high voltages appropriate to digital ICs?
just an idea, it may be absurd

How about constructing a ladder consisting of 12 resistors connected in parallel with 12 reed relays that can be driven directly by a microcontroller?

:wink:
IanP

hey Ian,
thats a solution but i need 10 independent outputs. it means 120 relays, and will a huge circuit, not practical in my case.
can i amplify a 10V DAC output to 400V(with 40 gain and regulated)?

from the apex link, PA15 is what i need but 200$ unit price. 10x200=2000$ :(
guess i have to design my specific amplifier. what type of amplifier serve to my purpose? can you lead about this?

I would think of an complementary class AB or B output stage with HV transistors as used in an audio amplifier with an OP gain stage. You need at least two output transistors, a sriver transistor and a current source transistor, two npn and two pnp HV transistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back