Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 port S - Parameters in MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

i have to split 4 port S-Parameters (*.s4p) into two mirror symmetrical parts with MATLAB. I read some papers from Agilent about this topic, but i couldn't find any useful information.
S21(or S12) of splitted S-Parameters are the half of measured data. But problem is reflection coefficients.

For reflection coefficients:

At the first I transformed single ended S-Parameters to mixed-mode. Then I converted differential mode quadrant transmission coefficients to time domain with chirp z Transformation and determined the total electrical length of Thru circuit.
The last step is the reflection coefficients. I have converted differential mode reflection coefficients to time domain and gated this time function by the half of electrical delay. The modified time domain data transformed back to frequency domain. The result of last transformation is the splitted S-Parameter reflection coefficients.

So, my problem is with time gating. As a time gating function I use the "brick-wall function". The next question is again with gating. have i convolve time domain reflection coefficients with gating function ???

please advice
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back