Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 line lcd interfacing with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer khan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please clarify me,when v interface 2 line lcd v use command 0x38,but which command will be used for 4 line lcd or greater,plz reply me i m waiting
thanking brothers

Same one. The number of lines have nothing to do with initialising/ setting the LCD modes.

However when you are positioning the cursor.... THEN you have to use different 'command' parameters.

cheers brother !

in any LCD datasheet u seen command 38h for 2-line LCD but in any datasheet or material,no one clarify that for four line code...

In the basics of LCD,if we want to use 2-line LCD then we have to send 30h as they declare that it is use for 1-line but their 1 line means 2-lines LCD and if we want to use 4-lines LCD then we have to send 38h as they declare that it is use for 2-lines but their 2-lines means 4-lines LCD...

if u use 30h command for 4-line LCD then it will display on first 2-lines so u have to send 38h for 4-line LCD...

Status
Not open for further replies.