Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgent : LED driver design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawaiicat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
led driver design

i need to finish the white led driver design in 2 weeks, i got some question see anyone can help me.

here i want to model the white led diode, so i can do the simulation for them, here i can obtain those diode model, any manufacturer recommend? i search for long but i cna't find any. also inductor and diode, for diode i did find one, but inductor, i have no idea. anyone can help?

also i have compete the feedback loop, but i donno what i shoudl vary to see my system work or not, any help?

wled spice model

Do you mind to share which simulation software that you're going to use to model your problem?

kawaiicat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
nichia white led spice model

spice and hspice

rgb led hspice model

use the ideal inductor LXXX

in my opinion, inductor should include ESR. but if ur application is low current , the ESR is too small to notice.
btw, what company will do such thing ? design an IC just in 2 weeks ?

well, coz i dont' have inductor model, so i need to seek one in order to simulate

not company, it's my graduate project actually, now i need to see the close loop, the feedback path i have done. i use the ideal model to see if my boost convert can up to around 20V

led is difficult to design.

ideal inductor is already included in hspice. it's call looks like
L1 Node1 Node2 L 22uH

Here is a cheap model I used for nichia WLED. Gives about 3.4v at 20mA. I made it myself based on some lab measurements.

.MODEL WLED D
+ IS=1.5e-15
+ N=4
+ RS=15

PS - I did some magnetic boosts for WLED. Maybe I can help..

The LED model I have used is:
.model WLED D(Is=1e-30 N=1.923 Rs=32.09 Eg=3.6 Cjo=63.87p M=0.1513 Vj=2.02 Fc=0.5 Isr=1.304m Nr=1.4Meg Bv=12 Ivb=369.5u Tt=432.8n Xti=5)

Hope it is useful for u.

who have designed RGB LED driver?
and who have RGB LED model?

The LED model I have used is:
.model WLED D(Is=1e-30 N=1.923 Rs=32.09 Eg=3.6 Cjo=63.87p M=0.1513 Vj=2.02 Fc=0.5 Isr=1.304m Nr=1.4Meg Bv=12 Ivb=369.5u Tt=432.8n Xti=5)

Hope it is useful for u.

hello Marshel..I would just like to ask, what is the name of the product that this model is being patterned for?
Sorry, I can't see the forward voltage and forward current from this model..blame it to my ignorance..
Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back