Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 Simple Questions on DXP 2004 - Pease help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedyp

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
As I saw there are real experts on most of the PCB related software, I have several simple (for them...) questions. Thanks in advance.
I began to work with the DXP 2004, and as I don't have the manuals, I have several questions, and I'll be very thankful for help:
Usually I design 1 or 2 layers PCBs, manually. The questions are:
1. I wish to change the default options: Tracks x.mm, pads y.mm, vias z.mm etc., and wish to make the new dimensions as default for any new project (I know it's supposed to work with mils, but I prefer mm).
2. I wish to change the designator text to a smaller one (on the top overlay) and make it default for all my components.
3. As I have on my libraries components with relative wide lines on the top/bottom overlays, I want to make them thinner, so I assume I have to "decompile" them one by one, make the changes and "compile" them again. The question is if this is the best way to do it or there is any better option. If there is not a better option, how can I save the recompiled component in the same library, overwriting the original one?

TIA,
Tedyp

Anyone please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back