Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 Phase UPS -need help to design a Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragyyn

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3 Phase UPS

I need help to design a Microcontroller based 3 phase UPS (10-20kVA)

3 Phase UPS

There are many off-the-shelf ICs for you....probably better than uC unless you do really want something way different than the norm

Re: 3 Phase UPS

I need circuit or schematic how to connect Microcontroller with the power circuit.I mean wich out of controller I should use.Microcontroller should monitor and controll battery charge,output current and voltage,tempetature,also controller have to make PWB for invertor(with MOSFET transistors).

Re: 3 Phase UPS

IR2110 can be used for level converter. There are so many other things that would awaits you for the 3 phase UPS. It's like first about the MCU that your are going to use, you then need to put the control algorithm. Whether or not your are doing harmonic elimination.It depends on the control loop you are using in the future.For control loop stablity you really need to compute the response time of the layout, or too much compensation results in the ringing of the output signal. I have designed single phase UPS. I ran into so many complication in the design and programming.If you are intending to learn, go ahead for the single phase UPS for not more than 50-100VA.This could be safe and good choice for you. Then go for 3 phase, when you learned how to do. What transformer are you going to use will that operate on line frequency or would be switched mode transformer. You atleast need to tell the layout of your UPS, first atleast ONLINE/OFFLINE/LINE INTERACTIVE. I made a UPS that was both offline and line interactive. Transformer designing could be challenging for you.Your PCB design would be a good mixed signal with Power Lines. I advise you to seperate the PCB for the two. First, tell us. How much resources you have regarding instruments,people for helping you in transformer,PCB design,troubleshooting,prototyping,etc.You atleast require a good digital oscilloscope with pulse with capture with FFT capability and if you have power/harmonic analyzer it's surely a plus point.If you have a good setup, then I think you can get successful in what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.