Not open for further replies.

volblood

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a circuit that's input is (220VAC, 50Hz). (220VAC, 50Hz: the standart city electric.)
The output is (110-130)VAC with the frequency of 400 Hz. I am using this circuit for driving EL Lamps. I have about 10 circuits broken down. So, i wanna repair them.
But in circuit, there is a component, that's name is not able to see. I could not find what it is. If you gonna help me, i would be so happy. Here is the circuit:

**broken link removed**

Hi volblood,
because I was also curious about this IC, I posted your question in another electronics forum (a German one) ... and got an answer after a while, s:
http://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=88199&page=0&category=all&order=time
The component you're looking for is an IC with the designation HV809K2 from the company Supertex. You can get the dataSheet from them:
**broken link removed**
... and there's also an Application Note AN-H36 about this device.
The German answerer "Eberhard" also mentioned, that pins 3 and 5 of this IC are interchanged in your schematic drawing.
BTW, I arranged with Eberhard that I'd forward this to you.

Good luck! erikl

volblood

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi erickl,
Thanks for your reply. When i read it, i really excited. Then i checked the circuit, i realized that pins 3 and 5 of this IC were interchanged in my schematic drawing. Now i am searching where can i buy this IC. I am so grateful, thank you again.

There is a little quesiton, in IC's datasheet pin 2 is shown as VDD. But in my circiut (i checked it again) pin 2 connected GND with a serial capasitor. Have you any comment about that ?

note: In application note, there is a sample circuit like my circuit. I understand now.

volblood said:
Hi erickl,
There is a little quesiton, in IC's datasheet pin 2 is shown as VDD. But in my circiut (i checked it again) pin 2 connected GND with a serial capasitor. Have you any comment about that ?

Hi volblood,
VDD of this IC is generated internally from HVIN and just needs an external bloc capacitor, s. Fig. 1 & 2 of both the dataSheet and the appl. note. So for pin 2 your schematic is correct.
Cheers, erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…