Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220VAC input - (110-130)VAC, 400 Hz output

Status
Not open for further replies.

volblood

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a circuit that's input is (220VAC, 50Hz). (220VAC, 50Hz: the standart city electric.)
The output is (110-130)VAC with the frequency of 400 Hz. I am using this circuit for driving EL Lamps. I have about 10 circuits broken down. So, i wanna repair them.
But in circuit, there is a component, that's name is not able to see. I could not find what it is. If you gonna help me, i would be so happy. Here is the circuit:

**broken link removed**

Hi volblood,
because I was also curious about this IC, I posted your question in another electronics forum (a German one) ... and got an answer after a while, s:
http://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/forum/forum_entry.php?id=88199&page=0&category=all&order=time
The component you're looking for is an IC with the designation HV809K2 from the company Supertex. You can get the dataSheet from them:
**broken link removed**
... and there's also an Application Note AN-H36 about this device.
The German answerer "Eberhard" also mentioned, that pins 3 and 5 of this IC are interchanged in your schematic drawing.
BTW, I arranged with Eberhard that I'd forward this to you.

Good luck! erikl

volblood

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi erickl,
Thanks for your reply. When i read it, i really excited. Then i checked the circuit, i realized that pins 3 and 5 of this IC were interchanged in my schematic drawing. Now i am searching where can i buy this IC. I am so grateful, thank you again.

There is a little quesiton, in IC's datasheet pin 2 is shown as VDD. But in my circiut (i checked it again) pin 2 connected GND with a serial capasitor. Have you any comment about that ?

note: In application note, there is a sample circuit like my circuit. I understand now.

volblood said:
Hi erickl,
There is a little quesiton, in IC's datasheet pin 2 is shown as VDD. But in my circiut (i checked it again) pin 2 connected GND with a serial capasitor. Have you any comment about that ?

Hi volblood,
VDD of this IC is generated internally from HVIN and just needs an external bloc capacitor, s. Fig. 1 & 2 of both the dataSheet and the appl. note. So for pin 2 your schematic is correct.
Cheers, erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back