Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.5 Voltage bandgap reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry.tran007

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am doing my project about delta sigma modulation, it is needed a bandgap reference circuit for 2.5 voltage (because when changing VDD, my output is changed).

Is it possible for 2.5V bandgap circuit ? (my VDD is 3.3, using 0.13um tech).

Please help me.

Why dont u simply use a reverse biased zener?

there are also ICs that provide a voltage reference.................

I think in this case you would be better off with LDO-like structure. So make nice flat bgap and feed it as reference to ldo - this way you will have flat voltage over temp. You can generate 2.5V directly if you dump current reference to resistors - but I would think you will have a bit problem to compensate it over temp.

If the supply voltage is very stable, then using a resistor divider to get the reference voltage is feasible. Using Metal Film Resistors would alleviate much of the temperature drift.

because I design using CMOS transistor, I cant use another IC. my VDD is requred about 3 to 3.6V, so I cant use resistor divided too.

Dear Mr Teddy,
do you have any idea about LDO circuit or any paper for beginner? I never design bandgap circuit before.

Last edited:

I think this reference voltage is needed "on chip", it sounds like the post should really be in the "Analog IC Design and Layout" section.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back