Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 * 24v outputs of 2A each: supply with one 12v 4A boost or two 12v 2A boosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

If there's headroom, I like using a pass transistor as a gate to the whole circuit, the gate controlled by a comparator used for current sensing, presumably requiring an op amp or difff amp to sense trigger current. Can you do that with an ADC? Oddly enough, for reasons related to a torch idea last night I drew a block diagram of a version of the above OCP gating FET idea, then replaced most of the parts with a uC as it has them onboard - it looks a great approach.

A lot of switching ICs have all manner of protection features - OVP, UVP, OCP, thermal limiting, etc. I wouldn't make a circuit without a good old-fashioned (FF) fuse at the input, or slower if a requirement, i.e. a large inrush current not blowing ff fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.