Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2*1 patch array - how to design the feed network ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaps

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: 2*1 patch array

i am simulating a 2*1 patch array but in my results i am seeing a lot of harmonics the patch's are designed to resonate at 10 GHz can anyone plz look into this design and help me solve my problam

Added after 50 seconds:

here the hfss file

i have designed the feed network seprately can any one please guide me how to design the feed network effectly on hfss and what paramters to improve and optimum vlaues urgently

does your single patch antenna work as expected?

yes it does i have s11 at -21db and vswr 1.12

I simulated one patch from your uploaded file. However, it does not have the characteristics you told (10 GHz resonance, S11 at -21db and vswr 1.12).

would you please upload your single patch?

sory i just checked my uploaded file again it had been changed since i was chaing parameters to fru to figure out where i was going wrong in this attachment i have uploaded both array and single patch

can anyone please sugest anything on patch array :S

The single patch simulation does not give a useable design at 10 GHz. this is the return loss what I have found. Is it the same what you have got?

these are my simulation results

what should be the distance between the patches i have read it should be 0.5*lamda to 0.8 lamda also i read it should be no greater than 8* substrate height how can i find optimum distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back