Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what's feedforward compensation and its working principles

Status
Not open for further replies.

henrywent

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
feedforward compensation

hi all,
please tell me what's feedforward compensation and its working principles. what's its difference between other compensation schemes such as miller compensation. The advantages and disadvantages of using this compensation method. many thanks!

Re: feedforward compensation

Hi henrywent,

The principle of feedforward compensation is as follows:
Within a chain of amplifying stages the most critical stage (as far as phase shift is concerned) is bypassed with a high pass circuitry. Thus, the low frequency high gain properties of the whole amplifier chain remains high and - at the same time - the phase shift of the "bottleneck" stage has only a low resp. no influence on the overall phase shift. Sorry, bur I have no practical experience with this kind of compensation, however, as far as I know it is NOT superior to other principles and, hence, is applied not very often.
Regards
LvW

henrywent

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
feedforward compensation

I suggest to consult relevant text books as Gray/Meyer Analysis and Design... they have a detailed explanation and circuit examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back