Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v to 220v with power backup?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

boubata

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a 12v to 220 v inverter via a computer backup .I just plug the 12v of my car instead of its battery .logically it will convert the 12v into 220v.Does this work .If no, why? thank you all

Hi,

Ordinarily,it will work. However, car batteries are not deep cycle batteries and the computer ups is designed to run on deep cycle battery.

Batteries that aren't meant for deep discharge will sulphate if they are deep discharged even once. Once they've begun to sulphate, it only gets worse.

A "12 volt" battery at 12 volts is quite low as fully charged they should be at about 13.8 volts. The UPS is gonna check the voltage to determine when the battery is getting discharged by checking the voltage. So although you have a higher capacity battery that could maintain current for longer at the lower voltage, the UPS will decided when the battery is nearly discharged and it's no longer safe to continue.It will then turn off.

Cheers.

thanks for your reply.What I meant in this topic is to change current produced by the backup battery with the 12v of a car through the cigarette lighter.I think the power backup will continue to make the 220v while my car is on and producing the 12v current.What do you think.won't it be a cheap 220v inverter to use outdoor?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back