Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

120-pin edge connector from Explorer 16 (PICtail PLUS con)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krzykoz

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pictail plus connector

Hi everybody!
I'm looking for part number (type) of 120 pin PICtail PLUS edge connector which is mounted on Explorer 16 board.
Could anybody look on Explorer 16 board ane write me any numbers from it?
Have you ever made Explorer 16 board byself?
I thing ist a good idea (the same like ICD2 Clone), because Explorer 16 manual contains schematic...
Thx a lot for answer!

Regards...

pictail connector

I don’t see any part number on mine. I wouldn’t recommend trying to build your own, it’s a pretty dense board. I would just buy one they are cheap for what you get. If you would like some measurements on the 120 pin connector still I can measure the contact spacings etc.

120 pin connector

Thanks a lot Jan Rune. My project to build the Explorer 16 is still in plans because of lack of time, but I ordered the samples of this conector. Will see if they can aprove my request :)

Regards,
Krzykoz

Added after 11 minutes:

And you're right, this connector is available in Microchip Direct. 8,82EUR + shipping costs... I hope I'll find some the time to build the Explorer 16.
Not long ago I finished my own PICkit2 programmer. I'll describe it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.