Not open for further replies.

mouzid

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Using a cadence platform I designed a module that generate a square wave of 1 Volt amplitude. When I connect this one to another module the voltage scale to 0.7 V.
I used 2 inverter between the 2 modules but the problem persists.
How can I resolve this problem ?

some schematic will help

mouzid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Nop, i meant schematic of what is inside the module

mouzid

I suppose its a PLL that is generating the square wave. you need to insert a buffer with an appropriate number of stages & proper sizing. You can read Digital Integrated circuits by Rabaey for details on Buffers(chap 5). Various factors like the load Cap & Cap of the generator([PLL) affect this. You can also try increasing the W/L's of the inverters that u have inserted as it is possible that the inverter is not able to drive the load. Sometimes when shifting between analog to digital or vice versa u require level shifters too.you can try using a level shifter followed by a buffer too. Hope this helps.

Added after 4 minutes:

This should help, slides from rabaey.

mouzid

I suspect something wrong with the module-2, Can you give the input stage schema of module-2

The second module could be loading your first stage.

Instead of the second try it out with a capacitve load, which should give u an estimate of the capacitance to keel the voltage at 0.7 volts then resixe the output with some buffers.

Or add level restores with a psuedo pmos at thee input of the second stage.

mouzid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…