Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0603 SMD caps from johanson technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpxiao333

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear,

I am planning to use Johanson technology's 0603 S-series caps for the power amplifier matching networks. So the phase of the caps is important to me.

According to the Johanson website, the S-parameter downloaded from the website has de-embedded the physical length of the caps, so in practical a 25 ps delays has to be added.

However I compare the phase of Johnson's caps withe dielectric lab's cap and the idea cap, and find with the 25ps delays for johnson's caps the phase differ from the later two very much.

I am wondering does anybody has experience with johanson's caps, is it correct to add the 25ps delays? or i misunderstand something.

Thanks.
dpx

Hi,
I am planning to buy capacitor and inductance kits for some RF applications. I couldn't decide whether Johanson or AVX kits are better. For example, Johanson kits are about 60$, AVX kits are about 150$ - 200$ and while a Johanson kit includes 1400 pieces, AVX includes only 600 pieces. Johanson kits are cheaper than AVX.
I don't know much about Johanson kits, is there any advice?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.